The main activities of the VALLEY project between March 2015 and February 2017 are:
- Carrying out social research on youth volunteering in Europe to explore the needs of the volunteering sector;
- Developing the VALLEY methodology based on the LEVEL5 validation system which is specifically designed to assess personal, social and organisational competence developments in rather non-formal and informal learning settings;
- Designing and delivering a training course on the topic of validation of learning outcomes in volunteering services for at least 15 multipliers working for volunteering organisations in the six partner countries;
- Testing the VALLEY methodology with at least 30 young people from the six partner countries that will take part in a volunteering activity and apply the validation methodology;
- Providing national workshops to share experiences, final conference and award ceremony for European stakeholders to make VALLEY visible and to promote volunteering projects and initiatives for validating learning outcomes;
- Developing and promoting a European label that shall be awarded to the volunteering organizations that work along the lines of the VALLEY validation methodology;
- Setting up a European community of volunteering organisations and stakeholders through social networks to share good practises and to spread up-to-date information on volunteering opportunities for youngsters.